When you’re connected to Hexatech or any VPN service, data going in and out of your device travels through the VPN servers first before reaching their target. That's how internet anonymity is achieved and why it's normal to experience speed reduction from 30%-50% when using any VPN service.
Sometimes switching connection OFF/ON few times can help the app search for servers that are closer to you (faster). If this step doesn't help with speed and you find your speed is being affected by 50% or more while using Hexatech, please run the following test:
- Start Hexatech and connect to a Virtual Location (Germany or GB for example)
- Go to http://www.bandwidthplace.com/
- Important: The speed test should be performed in the same location where you're connected to. Click on the Server drop-down menu and set the country to the same Virtual Location that you selected in Hexatech (Germany or GB for example), or the closest possible location to the selected Virtual Location.
- Wait for the test to finish and take a screenshot of the results.
- While Hexatech is still ON, open a new tab and get your IP address here. Take a screenshot of the IP and location that is displayed.
- Disconnect Hexatech.
- Go to http://www.bandwidthplace.com/ again. Test your speed using the same country you previously selected and take a screenshot of the results.
At the end, you should have 3 screenshots:
- A screenshot of the speed test with Hexatech connected as shown here:
- A screenshot of your IP address and location with Hexatech connected as shown here:
A screenshot of the speed test with Hexatech disconnected as shown here:
For more information on how to take a screenshot, please check this article: How to take a screenshot.